What is Important?

flashback three years ago, where Malaysia got hit by the worst flood. I was hugged by one elderly uncle ( flood victim ) lamenting that they lost everything. Well put it objectively - of course everyone will be devastated - heartbroken when whatever they owned for the past 30 - 40 years wiped away in a single day....


I consoled him and said that " what is most important NOW is you are still ALIVE", the uncle gave me a smile. Hugged me harder.

Flashback to 2009 

i broke my left leg in a bad accident, waking up in the hospital feeling down and depressed. My dad visited me, said

" MOVE ON - Things happened - No point feeling this way"

That word WOKE me up from everything. 
You are awesome dad. 

most of the time - we human beings will never get away ( embroiled ) from any emotional entanglements and whatsoever - but sometimes we just need simple words that enable to wake us up and move on. Move and do what is needed, rather than stuck in the past - reliving in past glories and whatsoever. 

Pure objectivity reason versus unreasonable emotional vomits

When i came out from the jungle after knowing dad passed away, my asked me - am i alright? I replied to him that i have NO regrets as i spend quality time with him when he was ALIVE.  

In the end of the day - its what we did and our actions - that carries the most weight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit