District 9

Neil Blomkamp's 2009 seminal film entitled District 9 blew me away without a doubt.

 

one word - coz it had an Engaging story

the setting is the one that hooked me away, with the cinema verite outlook, realistic mis-en-scene grabbed me, i got a fucking solid ride with this film. In the world of sci-fi, production design is one of the important machinery in adding believably and yes to lengthen our suspension of disbelief throughout the film. 

finally got some time to build myself the Arc Gun. Took me couple of tries as it has definitive angles to it and to source out the right bricks.If the angle tilt further, the whole thing doesnt work. Its one of the subtle and tricky elements. Just like in drawing or cooking, certain ingredients when you add it up, it would rip everything apart.




at first i wanted to follow the color schemes by Weta designers which is black and orange. But it doesnt stand out. Dont ask me how many bricks it took me. I didnt count. Anything that is 1:1 scale required some serious adjustments and i simply love the weight when its completed.


so the colors doesnt stand out. So spend another day to for the paint job. My fingers and hands are sore to be honest. I considered this bad boy as my personal gift for my own birthday.

...........will find time to exhibit all of my builds in my new solo exhibit next year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit