The Gyllenhall

if they dont cast Tobey Mcguire or Andrew Garfield- i will put my hard earned money for Jake Gyllenhall to play Spidey. Seriously he is one of the most versatile actors in the market and he can pull off any characters he wants. Burning the screen with Donnie Darko, this enigmatic actor magically hooked me with his materials. I was go pissed when he was snubbed by the Oscars for his brilliant opportunistic coyote bastard role in Nightwatch, he expanded his craft like Leo.

But checking his wide catalogue, i have to choose End of Watch as one of his very best, supported the usual brilliant Michael Pena. This is the true David Ayer before he was tapped to direct the dumb Suicide Squad. He used this exact cop buddy formula, lessen the F bomb in Netflix's Bright. 

End of Watch is one edgy knife with all its glossy curves, it cuts at the right spot and doesnt give any sweet apologies.

"If you run away I will chase you. 
If you fight me I will fight back. 
If you shoot at me I will shoot back. 
By law I am unable to walk away. 
I am a consequence. 
 I am the unpaid bill. 
I am fate with a badge and a gun."

  
Now with him as Mysterio.............Disney- you are one damn smart capitalist engine, you have my money. Sony put all her money and gambled all away with the Spider Verse and got away as a winner. I cant compare this with the Incredibles as Spidey have years of history and legacy and most importantly they able to put this beautifully. Phewwwww.........Even Kingpin's motivation is personal yet if perceived in his shoes, to be reunited with his deceased wife and daughter by getting them from another universe through his collider. his actions made and group multiple versions of Spidey - they come together to give motivations, emotional support and solid tutoring to Miles Morales.

Its so good yet it hits all the right spot. With our Earth 616 Spidey is not perfect to Nicholas Cage voicing Noir Spidey, phew Again - this is something that Disney must know that she made her silly move by taking off Phil Lord and Chris Miller away from SOLO.


Its damn damn damn ( multiple ) damn good. I would pay to watch Lord and Miller's version of Solo. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit