The Jawas

Star Wars with her huge universe never fail to leave an indelible mark to their fans. Shrewd Lucas milk every penny from the fans - even to the extend making a figure that appeared mere minutes in the film. Yes that includes deleted scenes too......



Anyway i am way way over this phase. I sold half of my collection when i moved unto my new place. But one vehicle that lingers in the back of my mind is the Jawa's Samdcrawler. The massive tank/living cabin for the frisky droid merchant.


I have to give credit to the creatives in Lucasfilm in naming their characters and their vehicles. So i decided to get the Lepin UCS Sandcrawler. Forget Lego as it costs over thousand ringgit, I managed to get one reasonably priced unit.

What is lovely about Lego/Lepin stuffs is you can build any possibilities as their design is democratic. I have to give my hats off the designer who built the opening hatch. Its lovely. The scale is acceptable. I made some changes on the top as the design structure is pretty loose. Cant blame them as they want to get right angle.


Even though the size is albeit smaller then all the UCS released, it took me 16 hours. Ok, Lepin made so much improvements with their quality of the bricks, smoother compared to their Batmobile unit which made my fingers numb for two days. Word of caution - smoother means you have to superglue certain areas.


Its freaking iconic. Lucasfilm took it's design for her building in Singapore.



Talking about this - yess.....much better than the Hasbro Entertainment Earth unit. I still remember its costs around MYR400 6 years years ago. Plus - minus the inflation rates, i guess it may costs around MYR 700. Might as well i get another AT-AT.

 The only thing missing from the UCS Sandcrawler is the chute.......


with or without chute, im happy with this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit