Revisiting : Nana


nana complaint that she is getting fatter here
You can consider yourself LUCKY when you can establish friendship with someone thru the years which you can BE ultimately be yourself, Nana Hamdan is one of those RARE soul which i able to share alot of things with her.

The relationship we forged cemented to a brother - sister relationship status. So no holds barred here. In fact, she is direct, not fussy, simple and most importantly knows how to deal with temperament and direct nature of yours truly.

In fact, Nana is the one of those rare few can place Adam ( her youngest child ) unto my lap and instructed me to babysit him while she is putting the finishing touches to the cards.


After my Kelantan disaster - humanitarian mission, i asked Nana if she able to help me when i wanted to print a selected number of art prints in order to raise some fund for future missions. She obliged - and honestly in fact goes all the way to help the job easier. From getting the right paper to painstakingly copy/cleaning all my strokes in the original drawings.

She is one of those rare soul whom walks the walk, talk the talk - and that is one of the solid reason why clicked when we were in uni.


Then 8 months later, she told me that she was sick - i was devastated when she got diagnosed with breast and bone cancer at the same time. I kept her occupied, make her laugh when she was hospitalized.

Its really tough when you need to visit someone in the hospital.Seriously im grieving inside, someone whom you close with is battling with her life till the very end. She will carve out a smile when she is hurt/suffering inside to the very last breath.

My mind kept on analyzing the where, when and how the fuck Cancer got to her....

Nana Hamdan, im so fortunate of having the universe making me to meet you in this short temporal life, in fact, helping me when i need it, tq for laughing at all my crass jokes and most importantly clicked with me ( as you know that im so so selective and difficult to work with ), listening to my utopian ideals.

You are simply awesome.
Just like Mia




There are no goodbyes Nana - you know me well.
We will see again soon ok Nana.
For the ones who got this print, this project is wonderful and deep down inside my heart, i have nothing except appreciation and gratefulness for the support.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit