Guru : Yoda

Empire Strikes Back left me an indelible mark in my head. I believe in a puppet. Actually the puppet is real - its alive and act better than any Malaysian actors. The puppet, a grand old sage, a wise teacher - who taught countless jedis before he went to exile.

Its kinda sad to see Yoda left heartbroken after seeing his Jedi Academy destroyed, his young lings killed and he has to run in Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith. Soon, the guy who wiped off his legacy bore a kid and the kid look for him to be train as a complete Jedi.

Before the silly Episode 1,2 and 3 - we have Episode 4,5 and 6. Empire is Episode 5, we are given a huge palate of new characters and Yoda is one of the most coolest character ever created. It's like Mr Miyagi high on something, but smaller and green.

And he got the best lines.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
 
what Yoda means is the space between an object A and B - the force lies in there. 

 
Ohhh. Great warrior.
[laughs and shakes his head

as usual, the sifu normally don't acknowledge oneself as great. 

That is why you fail. 

and finally this.....

Only what you take with you.  

....so Thank You Yoda, you still one of my awesome teacher. A guru. 

Yoda, ink on canvas, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit