Why My Dad is Awesome?

dividing my time between my NGO gigs,guest lectures and various consultation projects, finally i able to slot in, design time to continue my Yoda project. For years, i wanted an actual life-scale of him to be with rest of my Star Wars collection.I've been hunting around, looking for the existing ones, but the price just put me way off. So, rather than buying, might as well CREATE one.

my two Jedi Master.
Most of the time, my mum wonders what the hell im doing, so i need to publish it here. Im dedicating this project to my late awesome dad - who once inspired me coz he scratch build a Captain America shield for me. He practically can create magic out from nothing seriously. And that is magical.

osem giler....
Its a meditative approach, for hours - i can shut off my mind, go off the grid, complete being alone and in the zone doing this, and mind you its therapeutic.It can be my healing process after losing my dad. Let's start off with the head-sculpt. Luckily, a company produced Star Wars related light room, the sculpt is commendable. Much better, prettier than purchasing the latex mask.


This is how Yoda mask looks like.

holy yikes.
So ripping off all the necessary lights and wiring's, i need to fill the head up.


using mineral bottle to fill up the space and cardboards.


Why cardboards and paper-mache technique? Coz its more durable, lighter.

getting the feet right. 

so its all 90% all entirely made out of cardboxes and tons of masking tapes. At first i wanted to use clothes for his robe, but it doesnt look good, so i decide to shape the inner robe out from cardboxes too.

getting his size right.

and yes, he needs his cane.

Once someone irritated me saying that Yoda is a freaking puppet, mind you, this puppet until today inspires me, Luke (like all us) searched for a guidance, Obi Wan led him to Yoda, have trained tons of padawans to be a jedi knight for hundreds of years. Yoda got pissed off, dissapointed - leaving to Dagobah and isolate himself after learning one of his pupil Anakin massacred his younglings and brought down his temple.

What is beautiful in ESB, Luke got so many lessons from Yoda's. He accepted the son of the one who destroyed his legacy. The ability to accept, forget the past and empowering the concept of believing in yourself, what we carry inside us and never-ever judge anyone due to their physical size.

Osem giler kan?!!!!

repainting 
voila. looks good for 900 years old eh.
So what im left with? Tweaking, getting the right colors and aging the robe..........
Finishing this Yoda marks my end of the era of collecting Star Wars and any other related collectibles. 


This one is for you dad - your small gestures, thoughts and actions made a huge impact to me. To all dad out there - believe me, your act will shape your kid. Trust me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit