Do Good Campaign : Pulp Fiction

Hi guys, 

First of all, thank you for buying my set of the Pulp Fiction cards. 

Most of you were contacted by me via private messaging in FB – and you are all people I know on a personal level – friends, students or ex-students. I've shared this with most of you, but I truly believe that nothing happens by co-incidence or accident. 

with Kroo and Am - fellow kindred souls who contributed everything as much as we could

All things happen for a reason. And most of it are GOOD. I believe you guys have seen what the hell we did in Kelantan and Terengganu last year, helping out the flood victims as much as possible. Everyone has a different role to play, and I realized that mine wasn’t to sit around being a keyboard warrior. 




I and the rest was out there, doing something – anything, but out there as much as we could. 

It's a Material World 

Most of us in the 4x4 team used our own money - In this team I found my kind of people – we share similar values, we don’t rely on any funding, nor report to any NGO. In fact, NGOs will get a substantial fund. Publicity is useless. 

I don't believe in making people press the "like" button. The reason why I am releasing this limited run of prints is to generate future humanitarian aid funds. I am sure, like me, you have donated many times to a cause and been given a silly bookmark in return – to be thrown somewhere later. Or worse, people asking me to sign on a piece of cardboard. 

How on earth will my signature help those people? 

I figured, I dont like this. 

I figured, I only live once, and I would love for people to own my work.

This time, my signature will go to something good. 

Previously I self-funded all my films and documentaries, then shared it for free. Below is a link to my previous documentary screened last year in Jakarta for the Chopshots Festival.


 
 

And this is my favourite short film entitled H3R0 


For the very first time, I’m going to try and ask people to buy my work. At least you guys will have my work and the money will be channeled for more goodness. 

So what will happen to the funds collected? 

It will be distributed anonymously without any publicity, guided by my discretion and love. That's all. The universe will decide where the money will go to.All I know is I cant bring a single cent to the grave. So, to the ones who purchased the cards – from the very bottom of my heart – thank you. 

When you pay it forward, I truly believe that the universe will ensure that you are paid back, many times over. 

Why Pulp Fiction? 

the artist proof is released....oh man.

 
photo by Lee Heng Kok


The film made me see film in a different light and influenced me to be who I am today. Tarantino broke all the rules in film universe, and then created his own. The dance sequence was imprinted deep in my mind - so inspiring. I was astounded. For years and years, I wanted to find a way to pay my respects to this legendary scene. And now I found it: by reproducing it as postcards which will generate funds to DO GOOD. 

for more information about the cards - kindly click here Do Good





Guys, thank you for the trust. Thank you for assisting me. 

Let's be awesome together, shall we? 

This note is dedicated to all GOOD people. 

Anderson Ee
March 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit