The Idiot Box 2002

2002

This post is about my final project, i got a C- which successfully dragged my CGPA lower than before. Seriously i dont know what the hell is CGPA but honestly i really don't learn much when i was a under-graduate. But i know that

1. i love the library
2. Mass Comm subjects is awesome.
3. I love Napster. 

Mass Comm female students are prettier than in my school. After drifting away doing nonsense and helping the theater students you found yourself in the final year. So when you are a final year Creative Arts students, you need to produce a final year project. I love filming plus been digging video arts and reading alot of Theodor Adorno books, i produced this.

The Idiot Box.

So what the hell is the Idiot Box?
The Idiot Box is a short experimental film using existing and original footage and we jumble them up creating nonsense.
The Idiot Box actually is a term for TV, so when people watch TV, the mind shut off. Its effective. Parents let the kids watch TV so they can do something else. I love to watch TV too. But one fine day i realized i watched too much damn TV. I dont read. One of my habits is switching on the TV when it's 8 to see what is happening in the world.

Who controls the information we get from the news?

Who are the parents and Who are the kids?

Lo and behold, the news is constructed by the majority to control the society. Its an awesome concept. Reading Adbusters, Marshall Mcluhan, George Orwell 1984, watching Kubrick's Clockwork Orange, Fincher's Fight Club and the awesome Matrix and reading V for Vendetta in the toilet helps alot to form this sort of these ideas. So i explained this to my supervisor and he told me that it's abstract - too abstract.

My supervisor is an idiot.

and i learned editing softwares

and i borrowed my pal's pc

and came out with this.









a detailed storyboard showing the newscaster turned to a magical donkey.


detailed storyboard of The Idiot Box ( 2002 ) - Anderson Ee




detailed storyboard of Idiot Box ( 2002 ) - Anderson Ee


my awesome Bob as the newscaster





What i learned from this video and being an undergraduate?

1.Having a good CGPA cant guarantee you a job.
2. Realized that we learn things that we cant apply it in the real world.
3. I dont want to be an artist.
4. Reading is important.
5. Technology is cool.
6. I dont want to be a lecturer.
7. Dont be an asshole.
8. Alot of people dont know what they are doing.
9. Having a degree is not a big deal.
10. I dont want to be an artist.

..........and i look like this




Enough for today folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balai Seni Negara's Treasures

The Final Lesson by Syed Ahmad Jamal

Woke Shit